meganaderr

Fluff and Nonsense

Megan is a long time resident of m/m fiction, and keeps herself busy reading, writing, and publishing it. She is often accused of fluff and nonsense. When she's not involved in writing, she likes to cook, harass her cats, or watch movies (especially all things James Bond). She loves to hear from readers, and can be found all around the internet. maderr.com maderr.tumblr.com maderr.livejournal.com lessthanthreepress.com @amasour

The Last Grand Master
Andrew Q. Gordon
A Sinner Born
Avril Ashton
The Bloody Chamber and Other Stories
Angela Carter, Marina Warner, Igor Karash
The Jade Prince - L. Shannon I loved the idea of this book, and all the more once I started reading it and realized the exact bargain that Cal strikes with Jade. It has a whole making a deal with Hyde to protect Jekyll vibe, and I totally love that. The author was carrying it off, too.

But then it stopped, with so many things left unanswered and a whole lot of story to go. I have no issue whatsoever with cliffhanger endings. Some of my favorite stories end with you wanting more. But there's a difference between leaving the reader wanting more, and leaving the reader feeling cheated, and unfortunately I think this book is the latter. I admit when I bought it, I wondered how the author would carry the premise off in 6k, but I was more than willing to find out.

If it ever gets expanded into a longer story, I will be first in line to read it. As is, I feel like I bought an excerpt, which is just too bad. If the story had just started with the gift giving, and then gone on a few more pages from where it stops, I think it would have been more solid a short.

This premise really would shine as a long piece, and I really really hope it will be someday. That would kick so much ass.