meganaderr

Fluff and Nonsense

Megan is a long time resident of m/m fiction, and keeps herself busy reading, writing, and publishing it. She is often accused of fluff and nonsense. When she's not involved in writing, she likes to cook, harass her cats, or watch movies (especially all things James Bond). She loves to hear from readers, and can be found all around the internet. maderr.com maderr.tumblr.com maderr.livejournal.com lessthanthreepress.com @amasour

The Last Grand Master
Andrew Q. Gordon
A Sinner Born
Avril Ashton
The Bloody Chamber and Other Stories
Angela Carter, Marina Warner, Igor Karash
Lord of the Forest - Kay Berrisford
I am honestly not sure where to start with the flailing. As ever, I love the setting. The Greenwood continues to be a place full of shenanigans :3 I loved seeing Herne again, and the fairies always causing trouble. Greenwood sexing up their protector, always good times ;)

But it's call Robin and Cal I heart the most. I love this takes place after Robin's heyday, when he's a little lost and missing his friends, lonely and sad and in desperate need of hugs. And Cal, what a poor baby. I wanted to shake them both every single time they misunderstood each other. My heart broke when Cal kept getting snubbed, and was scared to try again.

I am not very good at words today, editing has totally eaten my brain, but I am totally in love with this story and went to bed smiling after I finished it. Definitely my favorite Robin Hood retelling, for being both extremely well done and something completely different from all the other versions I have read. I will fangirl Kay Berrisford until I keel over.